Sunday, June 5, 2011

What Maoist (PLA) guards say



REPUBLICA
PLA members deputed for the security of Maoist leaders are to begin returning to their respective cantonments from Sunday. They recalled to Republica´s Kiran Pun their experience of being with Maoist leaders for many years. Excerpts
Yubaraj Dulal ´Sharad´ (Sindhupalchowk), security guard for party Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal

I have been working with the party chairman for the last five years. It is natural that I´m feeling very uncomfortable parting from the leader. I always felt proud while providing security to such an important national leader, who consistently led the struggle representing our own class.

Setting aside the sentimental aspects, I´m ready to abide by the party´s instruction and act accordingly.
I am ready to be integrated into a government security agency if there is a chance to transform the entire national army into a modern and democratic force. But I wouldn´t accept the offer if it will be no more than just a job.

I also plan to summit Mt Everest in the coming season to give continuity to the bravery and courage that we used to show when we were in war.

Keshav Subedi (Dolakha), security guard for party Senior Vice-chairman Mohan Baidya

I have been working as a security guard for our senior leader Mohan Baidya for the last five years. I am very proud of being a part of the security system provided to the leadership. If the integration process is beneficial to the people and the country, we will never be an obstacle. I am yet to decide whether to join the government forces or go for politics. I am still consulting my friends and colleagues.Sanit Chhetri (Taplejung), security guard for party´s Vice-chairman Dr. Baburam Bhattarai

I have been working with Dr. Bhattarai for the last two years. Prior to that, I was providing security to the party chairman. Now I am with the vice-chairman as per the party instruction and I will be ready for any other role if the party so orders. I am not feeling anything strange in changing my role because we have to be ready for different roles as and when the time requires. I am ready for the integrated plan but I may not accept it if the proposed rank is not acceptable for me.

Narayan Adhikari aka Avinash (Nuwakot), security guard for party spokesperson Dinanath Sharma

I have been working as his security guard for the last four years. I am not taking the decision to join the government forces as anything strange because our duty is to provide security as instructed by the leadership no matter wher we go. I am yet to decide whether to go for integration or for the rehabilitation package. It depends. If the government offers an attractive package for rehabilitation, I may opt that. Similarly, if the government gives me a respectable rank in the security forces, that may attract me.

Jayendra Gharti aka Gajal (Rolpa), security guard of military in-charge of the Maoist party Barshaman Pun

I have been working consistently as his security guard for the last six years. Though it is very uncomfortable to be separated from a leader for whom I have been providing security for so long, I would take a decision to join government security forces as a natural move. I prefer integration and will join the government forces to protect the national interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment